In these challenging and still uncertain times, we believe the most prudent choice for our families is to have only a graveside service with a small brief gathering beforehand at our chapel. However, given the most recent guidelines from NY State, we are now re-opening our chapels for services provided the following protocols are adhered to. For the safety of the families we serve as well as our staff, these protocols will be strictly enforced and are subject to change at any time based upon NY State mandate and Star of David Chapels policy.
- Chapel services will be permitted. We have two chapels on our premises. Based upon the chapel you choose, the maximum number of family and friends attending shall be limited to the state mandated percentage of total capacity of the chosen chapel. Our directors will explain these options and limitations.
- Because of the limited size and time constraints imposed from these protocols, there may be times we cannot accommodate a family’s request for a specific day and time for the service. We will do our best, under these circumstances, to accommodate you. Our directors will advise you regarding scheduling.
- All mourners and attendees are required to wear masks at all times. This, along with the maximum allowable number of family/attendees shall be strictly enforced.
- All mourners/attendees must follow social distancing protocols and remain six feet apart with the exception of families that are living together in the same household.
- Attendees will be expected to seat themselves accordingly in the chapel safely distanced.
- Members from different households shall refrain from shaking hands or embracing
- If required to do so, we will take temperature scans upon entry and you may asked to provide contact information for the purposes of contact tracing.
- Due to sanitary reasons, we will not be able to provide head coverings. If desired, all attendees will need to bring their own.
View all comments